Coronavirus, also referred to as the Wuhan virus, is a pandemic that has affected every country on the globe. While the national authorities have been trying to curb the spread of COVID-19, more than 42 countries are in lockdown. While China, Italy, Spain, Iran, Germany, and the UK were under the list of worst-hit names, the United States of America has emerged as the leader in the number of pandemic cases. As a business owner, it is essential to understand how you can adapt to the changing market scenarios. Continue reading ahead to find about digital marketing in the age of Coronavirus.
The biggest problems that brands are facing
Since the world is in a state of lockdown, it is evident that the global economy has gone for a toss. Each day, the news apps on our phones flash updates of the crashing economy and how the stock markets have reached an all-time low. Focus on the silver lining of the crowd that once this period is over, the world will be booming with work again.
- The economy has been drastically impacted, and business is almost nil in almost all areas of the world.
- Consumers refuse to step out of their homes or are in a complete lockdown and spend most of their time online.
- Social distancing, the best move to prevent and protect yourself from Coronavirus, has instantly decreased the number of buyers opting for COD or in-person services.
- The digital platforms are saturated with updates on COVID-19. Amidst all this, there is a high possibility that your brand gets lost in the crowd.
Which marketing channels should you focus on?
There are countless marketing channels around you that you can use in the brand-building process. However, social media continues to remain a top favorite for business owners. It gives you instant access to a broad audience and demands little investment when compared to traditional advertising methods. Find out what you can do with the services of a digital marketing company in India.
- Organic social media demands you to be empathetic and caring at the moment. Millions across the globe are suffering from illness and the loss of loved ones. Amidst the chaos, it is imperative to show your buyers that you genuinely care for them. It is a sensitive period where you should let go of direct publicity for personal gains.
- Online Advertising and PPC (Pay per click) services can be helpful to market your business during the present pandemic and it is better to focus on inbound search advertising and retargeting campaigns, as this is where people are looking for a business like yours. This will help to keep the advertising spends in check.
- Focusing on Search Engine Optimisation/SEO Services will help in the long term. SEO has always given the best results among all digital marketing activities. As SEO is not related to advertising spend, it will always keep consistently working for you, in these times and beyond, without any burden.
- Email marketing is a good way to reach out to your buyers and assure them that you support them, spread awareness about ways of prevention, and propagate social distancing. Your company’s social responsibility can be quite helpful in educating your buyers and subscribers.
- The Coronavirus downturn is a time when you can also post video content and collaborate with other companies that are helping to spread awareness amidst the masses and providing aid to the affected ones.
How to remain at the top of everyone’s list?
- Be mindful of the content you post. Always be empathetic and caring.
- Stay proactive and ensure that you provide flawless customer service regarding delivery and delays.
Be transparent about how you are tackling the situation and its impact.
- Connect directly with your audience and listen to their wants.
Digital marketing in the time of Coronavirus is not as difficult as it seems. But it undoubtedly needs you to tackle the situation wisely. Skovian, a digital marketing agency in Pune can help you to put an effective and efficient digital marketing strategy together.